Turning Point Alcohol & Drug Centre provides a wide range of specialist treatment and support services to people affected by alcohol and drug use. Clinical services at Turning Point are provided by specialist clinicians, outreach workers and counsellors. Turning Point clinicians are available for providing consultancy and support services to community based service providers.
For medical services, a GP or health service referral is required.
Turning Point medical services include:
- Chronic pain – consultancy service
- Specialist alcohol consultancy service
- Specialist pharmacotherapy service (secondary consultation and referral) – methadone, buprenorphine, Suboxone®.
- Turning Point Pharmacy provides maintenance treatment of opioid dependence - methadone, buprenorphine, Suboxone and other medicated outpatient withdrawal treatment for patients of TP.
- Specialist interventions for methamphetamine users
- Management of benzodiazepine dependence
- Home based and outpatient withdrawal
Other services and programs
These services can be accessed through self referral or referral from a health professional.
- Individual Counselling (Medicare psychology requires a GP referral)
- Outreach Services
- Mental health interventions
- Needle and syringe program (NSP)
- Forensic client services
- Group counselling
For the professional:
- Training and clinical placements
- Community development and capacity building for local services
- Addiction Medicine Training Program
- GP Advanced Skills Training Program
- Psychiatric Registrar Rotation
- Dual Diagnosis Rotation Initiative
- Advice and assistance to GPs and other health professionals in the management of complex clients via consultancy, shared care and case conferencing
Turning Point clinic can be contacted on (03) 8413 8444