GP Clinical Advisory Service
The General Practitioner (GP) Clinical Advisory Service is a peer to peer advice and mentoring service for Victorian GPs with patient issues relating to high-risk prescription medications identified through SafeScript.
All our GP Clinical Advisors have completed a comprehensive education program in the management of pain, anxiety, insomnia and associated addiction and receive ongoing supervision and peer reviews by addiction medicine, addiction psychiatry and pain medicine specialists.
GP Clinical Advisors are able to provide support with:
- Managing the prescribing and quality use of medications for pain, anxiety and sedation,
- Assessing patients for risk of addiction,
- Management planning for patients with complex needs,
- Managing requests for drugs of dependence monitored through SafeScript,
- Options for treatment of prescription drug use disorders.
The GP Clinical Advisory Service is currently available in the Western Victoria Primary Health Network. It will roll out to the rest of Victoria from April 2019.
Contacting a GP Clinical Advisor
Call the Drug and Alcohol and Clinical Advisory Service (DACAS) on 1800 812 804 and ask to be referred to a GP Clinical Advisor in your local area.
Within two (2) business days a SafeScript GP Clinical Advisor will be in contact to arrange a time for mentoring.
Subscribe for updates
You may subscribe to GPCAS email updates by entering your contact details in the form below.