SafeScript GP clinical advisors
With the rollout of SafeScript across Victoria, we are seeking GPs who are interested in being part of an exciting initiative to provide peer-to-peer support in the management of patients affected by high-risk prescription drug use and enable safe prescribing.
GP Clinical Advisors will provide secondary consultations, mentoring and ongoing training so GPs can effectively respond to high-risk prescription drug use associated with SafeScript.
All successful applicants will receive high quality, paid clinical training and mentoring as part of a dynamic team of GPs, addiction and pain specialists:
- No prior experience in pain or addiction medicine required
- Online and face-to-face training provided
- Category 1 and 2 QI & CPD points available
- Generous travel and accommodation allowance for rural GPs
- Willingness to provide peer-to-peer support essential
- Flexible hours – can fit around usual GP work
- Ongoing training and support provided
- GPs will be remunerated for their training and consulting time.
Applications now open
Turning Point is currently recruiting GPs to be part of the SafeScript GP Advisory Service.
Applications for GP Clinical Advisors for all PHNs across Victoria (except the Western Victoria Primary Health Network Area) close Monday 8 October 2018 at 5pm.
Applications for Western Victoria Primary Health Network Area closed Monday 10 September 2018 at 5pm.
To register your interest and receive the latest updates on the selection process, training requirements and the service delivery model of the SafeScript GP Clinical Advisor service, please enter your name and contact details in the form below.
For more information please contact Dr Keri Alexander or Ms Dimitra Petroulias via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the media release on the Turning Point website.