GP Clinical Advisory Service
The General Practitioner (GP) Clinical Advisory Service is a peer to peer advice and mentoring service for Victorian GPs with patient issues relating to high-risk prescription medications identified through SafeScript.
All our GPCAS Clinical Advisors have completed a comprehensive program in the management of pain, anxiety, insomnia and associated addiction and receive ongoing supervision and peer reviews by addiction medicine, addiction psychiatry and pain medicine specialists.
GPCAS Clinical Advisors are able to provide support with:
- Managing the prescribing and quality use of medications for pain, anxiety and sedation,
- Assessing patients for risk of addiction,
- Management planning for patients with complex needs,
- Managing requests for drugs of dependence monitored through SafeScript,
- Options for treatment of prescription drug use disorders.
Contacting a GPCAS Clinical Advisor
Call the Drug and Alcohol and Clinical Advisory Service (DACAS) on 1800 812 804 and ask to be referred to a GPCAS Clinical Advisor in your local area.
Within two (2) business days a SafeScript GPCAS Clinical Advisor will be in contact with you to provide advice.
Subscribe for updates
You may subscribe to GPCAS email updates by entering your contact details in the form below.